Important note: Images and videos posted on this
website are very graphic. Viewers discretion is strongly advised!
You've probably heard the recruiter's sales pitch -- travel, training, money for college. Sounds pretty
good, doesn't it? All advertising does. But if military life doesn't live up to the advertising, you can't bring your enlistment
agreement back to the recruiter for a refund. You're in for eight years of your life (including inactive reserve duty). You
wouldn't buy a car without looking under the hood. Don't enlist before you check out the reality of military life that lies
behind the glamorous television ads and glossy brochures. Check it out carefully.
- Your Education, Your Future, People of Color, Women, Your Civil Rights, Your Health, The Environment, Our Lives
- You can stay free of the military and still find money for college, job skills training, travel, adventure and discipline.
- Military recruiters glorify war -- and then sell it to you.
ASVAB Test: A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?
- The ASVAB is Deceptive - Know The Options!
- What are the recruiters not telling you about military life?
- Frequently Asked Questions about where our information comes from and who we are.
- Even if you already signed up, we can help get you out of the Delayed Enlistment Program.
- Our by-youth, for-youth anti-militarist 'zine from the Student Coalition Resisting Enlistment and Militarism.
Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors
405 14th Street #205
Oakland, CA 94612
Fax 510 465-2459
1515 Cherry St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Objector.org: Before You Enlist